Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poor Melinda, Bill won't let her have an iPhone.



The new Vogue has an interview called "Gates of Heaven" with Melinda Gates. I found it somewhat amusing, but kind of shitty on Bill's part, that he won't allow her or the kids - Jennifer, 13, Rory, 10 and Phoebe, 7 - to enjoy Apple products. I guess she won't be downloading the new U2 album No Line on the Horizon released today from iTunes, either.
“There are very few things that are on the banned list in our household,” Gates tells me. “But iPods and iPhones are two things we don’t get for our kids.” Harsh, perhaps, but understandable. After all, it’s hard to walk around tethered to merchandise made by your father’s most famous competitor. Still, Gates acknowledges the inevitable lure of forbidden fruit. “Every now and then I look at my friends and say, ‘Ooh, I wouldn’t mind having that iPhone.’”

No comments: