Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shopping with the Queen of Fashion



What's the longest time you've ever spent in one store? I set a personal record last week when I went shopping at TJ Maxx. Their store here in the Hamptons is loaded with great stuff, more so than the one in Manhattan, so it's easy to stay a long time. My friend Craig and I actually shopped for four hours.

I love shopping with Craig. He used to be the creative director at J. Crew, so he has impeccable taste and a great eye. At one point I found him in the men's belt section. When most people shop for belts, they look at a couple at a time. Gay men who work in fashion, however, take like forty-five at a time. I was so amused I whipped out the camera. Then I kind of got into modeling the ridiculous Ed Hardy ones. DEFENDER! DESTROY! Who would buy these?



When Craig moved on to ties, I got bored and went on my merry way.

No comments: