Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spike TV's "Deadliest Warrior" show



I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but I love the new show "Deadliest Warrior" on Spike TV. Yes, the Man Channel. Manchel?

The premise is that they test the weaponry of two types of warriors on each show and decide whose weaponry is the deadliest. The first was Gladiator vs. Apache. Then there was Viking against Samurai. Today's repeat that I caught was Spartan battling Ninja. And I was enthralled with the violence.

On their website are lots of fun videos showing the tests. They rig up a dummy like the one in the above picture getting intimate with a Morning Star. It's constructed from ballistic gel to be similar to human flesh and bone. They also test on pig carcasses. In fact they cut one almost in half with a ninja sword today. Nice. They bring in experts in those particular styles of fighting and they talk trash to each other. The guys get all technical with computer calibrations and speed measuring devices and so on. Finally, they gather all the data and have the computer run 1,000 fights and it decides who would be the deadliest.

Here's the link to the above video of the dummy being brained by a Morning Star. I'm telling you, the slow motion replay is just addicting. I don't know if I can look at Lifetime for Women the same any more.

No comments: