Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Young Flyers



So I came to Western Mass to see my nephew bang the skins in the Battle of the Bands at a club called the Elevens in Northampton. His band, The Young Flyers, won (WOO!) and proceed to the finals this Sunday night. Right on. I'm really proud of the kid. Nice job Andrew, Matt, Chris, Ben, and Jay!


Bass player Jay and Zildjian Boy Setting up.


Here's Andrew getting plugged in. Ha! I had to laugh when I saw this pic of the patch cord happening to position itself hilariously just as I snapped the photo.


Why Ben wears a Day of the Dead mask whenever he plays, I don't know. One of the judges wrote on his official sheet, "Vocals is hot, and looks French." Um, Matt's from Kansas.


My niece Kate, my sister Debby, and Andrew post-performance. The band rocked, as Andrew's expression shows.


I love this pic of Andrew chilling after their set with his awesome girlfriend Rebecca. I finally got to meet her this weekend and she is such a lovely person. They are a great team.

No comments: